Engine & Transmission Repair Roselle
The engine and transmission are what allows your car to move and get from place to place. Without proper care and regular maintenance, your transmission and engine have a higher risk of breaking down or failing. If you’re driving and your engine or transmission starts to fail, it can be extremely dangerous. Auto Advantage of Addison can help keep your vehicles in Roselle, Illinois running properly! We have been serving the Roselle area for over 23 years. We offer engine and transmission repair services that will get your car safely back on the road in no time.
Engine Repair Roselle
If you think there might be a problem with your engine then you should bring it into an auto repair shop right away. You will save more money the sooner you get it repaired. If you ignore the warning signs that your engine is breaking down, bigger and more expensive problems will occur. A simple repair is a fraction of what a replacement will cost. The best way to prevent engine failure is by keeping your engine maintained by getting engine tune-ups. Tune-ups will catch any small problems and help your car last longer.
Transmission Repair Roselle
If you don’t get necessary transmission repairs when needed and have to replace your transmission, it can cost over $2000. Transmission repair in Roselle is a lot less expensive than having the entire transmission replaced. Catching issues while they are small can save you a lot of time and money. Here is a list of signs that your transmission needs repair:
- Difficult to shift – If your car is difficult to shift gears, this is another sign that there is a problem with your transmission.
- Delays – If your engine has a delayed start when you are trying to move it.
- Transmission slipping – If your car starts to slip into another gear without you shifting it then you should get your car checked out right away. When this happens, your engine might make a high-pitched sound.
- Transmission light – this light doesn’t always mean your engine is going out. However, if your light is on and you have lots of issues with your vehicle already, you should get it checked out.
- Fluid leak – transmissions are not supposed to leak. If you notice red or dark brown spots on your driveway, bring it in to get checked out.
Maintaining Your Transmission
The cost of transmission repair or replacement can be costly in Roselle, Illinois. However, maintaining your transmission will keep it lasting long. Prevent your transmission from breaking down by following these preventative steps:
- Change the filter – older car models have a transmission filter. If you know that your vehicle has a transmission filter, you should have it changed every once in awhile.
- Check your transmission fluid – checking your transmission fluid is as easy as checking your oil. Pull out the transmission dipstick, wipe it off, re-insert it and check it. Low transmission fluid can indicate a leak and needs to be checked right away.
- Get annual inspections – get annual transmission inspections to ensure your car is running smoothly. Annual inspections will catch any problems early on and help prevent bigger problems from occurring
- Keep your engine cool – prevent your vehicle from overheating by keeping the engine cool.
- Transmission flushing – Take your vehicle into Auto Advantage to get the transmission fluid flushed. If you get your transmission fluid flushed regularly then your vehicle is less likely to overheat.
- Don’t change gears – changing your gears while you are driving is bad for your car. If your change gears while driving, your transmission has a high risk of breaking down or failing.
- Use correct fluid – if you are changing your transmission fluid yourself, make sure you are using the correct fluid. If you are unsure, ask your local auto repair shop!
- Don’t drive on your spare tire – driving with a spare tire can cause issues with your transmission over time because spare tires are usually not the same size as your regular tires.
Contact Auto Advantage of Addison Today!