Brake Service BarringtonBrakes are the most important safety feature on your vehicle. You can not drive your vehicle if the brakes are not working. If you notice your brakes doing unusual things or making noisy sounds, you should have them checked out immediately. Loud and squealing sounds coming from your brakes might mean there is a problem with your brake pads. If you think there is anything wrong with your brakes you should get them serviced immediately. Visit an auto repair shop you can trust, like Auto Advantage of Addison! We are a full service shop and can help with: oil changes, brakes, air conditioning, new tires and repairs, water pumps, timing belts, flushes, tune-ups, belts, hoses and more. We also offer a FREE ride service that will drop you off at home while we service your vehicle. Our technicians find the most cost effective solutions so you don’t have to spend more than you need to. We have been servicing brakes to residents in Barrington for over 23 years. We service every make and model for your convenience. We take pride in providing excellent customer service and giving everyone the service they deserve.
Brake Repair Service BarringtonKeeping your brakes working properly is extremely important in getting you to and from places safely. If you notice any of the signs below, you should get your brakes repaired right away. Our mechanics at Auto Advantage are highly trained and certified and will make all the necessary repairs needed to get your vehicle back on the road.
Signs You Need Brake Repair
- Fading- if you have to push harder than usual to brake, there might be a leak in your brake system. Check for a small puddle of brake fluid under your car to see if it is leaking.
- Loud screeching- if this sound becomes regular, call your local mechanic near Barrington right away to schedule a brake repair service. This could indicate a problem with your brake pads and become very dangerous.
- Brake Light- get your brakes inspected if the brake light turns on.
- Vibration- if your vehicle feels like it is vibrating or pulsating then it might mean that your vehicle is out of alignment or that you have warped rotors. Both are signs that you need your brakes checked out.
- Pulling- if your vehicle starts to pull to one side while you brake, then it is a sign that your brake linings are wearing unevenly. Your car might just need the brakes adjusted.
- Grinding- this sound can indicate your brake pads are wearing down. This can be very dangerous if overlooked. If you notice these sounds take your vehicle to your local mechanic and have your brakes repaired.
Ways to Make Your Brakes Last LongerLooking to prolong the life of your brakes? Driving carefully and following some simple steps can help keep your brakes in great shape and lasting long. Stay safe while driving in Barrington by following these steps:
- Watch traffic ahead- look ahead while driving to see if other cars are braking or slowing down.
- Braking- When driving at high speeds, it is not good for your brakes to stop instantly.
- Memory- Watch where others usually slow down or switch lanes so you don’t have to constantly brake behind other drivers.
- Change your brake fluid- Changing your brake fluid makes the internal parts in your car and brakes last longer and work more efficiently.
- Upgrade- When looking for new brakes, talk to an experienced mechanic to help choose the best type for your vehicle.
- Coasting- Coasting helps prevent brake killing speed. Knowing where you need to slow down and coast in between speed zones will help prevent the need for constant braking.