Brake Repair Stone Park, Illinois
Our Automotive repair shop in nearby Addison Illinois offers same day brake inspections and repairs to Stone Park residents.
Brake Service Near Stone Park
Brakes are the most important safety feature of your vehicle. Your car is NOT drivable without working breaks. If you notice your brakes aren’t working as well as they used to, you should have them checked out immediately. If you start to hear loud or unusual sounds when you brake, you might have an issue with your brake pads. If you think there is anything wrong with your brakes, you should get them serviced immediately. Visit an auto repair shop you can trust, like Auto Advantage of Addison! We are a full-service shop and can help with: oil changes, brakes, air conditioning, new tires and repairs, water pumps, timing belts, flushes, tune-ups, belts, hoses, and more. We also offer a FREE ride service to drop you off at home while we service your vehicle. Our technicians find the most cost-effective solutions, so you don’t have to spend more than you need to. We have been servicing brakes to residents in Stone Park, Illinois, for over 25 years. We service every make and model for your convenience. We take pride in providing excellent customer service and treating everyone with the utmost respect.
Brake Repair Service Stone Park
Keeping your brakes working properly is extremely important in getting you from point A to point B safely. If you notice any of the signs below, you should get your brakes repaired right away. Our mechanics at Auto Advantage are highly trained and certified and will make all the necessary repairs needed to get your vehicle back on the road. Be sure to take advantage of our brake specials and other money-saving offers.
Signs You Need Brake Repair
- Loud screeching- if this sound becomes regular, call your local mechanic right away to schedule a brake repair service. This could indicate a problem with your brake pads and become very dangerous.
- Brake Light- get your brakes inspected if the brake light turns on.
- Fading- if you have to push harder than usual to brake, there might be a leak in your brake system. Check for a small puddle of brake fluid under your car to see if it is leaking.
- Pulling- if your vehicle starts to pull to one side while you brake, then it is a sign that your brake linings are wearing unevenly. Your car might just need the brakes adjusted.
- Grinding- this sound can indicate your brake pads are wearing down. This can be very dangerous if overlooked. If you notice these sounds take your vehicle to your local mechanic and have your brakes repaired.
- Vibration- if your vehicle feels like it is vibrating or pulsating then it might mean that your vehicle is out of alignment or that you have warped rotors. Both are signs that you need your brakes checked out.
Ways to Make Your Brakes Last Longer
Looking to prolong the life of your brakes? Driving carefully and following some simple steps can help keep your brakes in great, long-lasting condition:
- High Speed- When driving at high speeds, it is not good for your brakes to stop instantly.
- Coasting- Coasting helps prevent brake killing speed. Knowing where you need to slow down and coast in between speed zones will help prevent the need for braking.
- Memory- Memorize where others usually slow down or switch lanes so you don’t have to constantly brake behind other drivers.
- Pay attention- look ahead while driving to see if other cars are braking or slowing down.
- Change your brake fluid- Changing brake fluid makes your internal parts and brakes last longer and work more efficiently.
- Upgrade- When looking for new brakes, talk to an experienced mechanic to help choose the best type for your vehicle.
Brake Inspection Stone Park
Brake problems may start off small, but can be very serious if they are not taken care of. When a mechanic inspects your brakes, they check brake pads, discs, and brake lines. After they finish the inspection they can make the appropriate repair suggestions. You should get your brakes inspected every 12,000 miles. If you drive a lot, you might want to get them checked out sooner than the suggested 12,000 miles. If you need your brakes repaired, stop by Auto Advantage of Addison today!
Be sure to read our many customer reviews!
The Service was Great Tested out my Truck Fantastic 😊 Job Having Brakes & Rotors done ✅ Thankyou I will Be Returning
I had some recall work on my car the dealership said I needed new front brake pads and rotors. I told them I would bring the car in next week.
I took it to Auto Advantage and had them look at the car and all I needed was break pads. They also found that I needed new wheel bearings on my drivers side back wheel , the dealership missed this. If I did not bring it to Auto Advantage I would not have known it needed to be fixed. Great Service and fair you will not be dissapointed.