Engine & Transmission Repair Elk Grove Village
Keeping your engine and transmission running smoothly is very important. The engine and transmission are what allows your car to move and get from point A to point B. Without proper care and regular maintenance checks, your transmission and engine have a higher risk of failing. Auto Advantage of Addison can help keep your vehicle in Elk Grove Village, Illinois running great! We have been serving the Elk Grove Village community for over 23 years. We offer engine and transmission repair service that will get your running smoothly in no time.
Engine Repair Elk Grove Village
A professional mechanic should inspect your car if you think it is having any issues with the engine. The sooner you get your engine repairs, the more money you will save. If you ignore the warning signs that your engine is breaking down, bigger and more expensive problems will occur. A simple repair is a fraction of what a replacement will cost. The best way to prevent engine failure is by keeping your engine maintained by getting engine tune-ups. Tune-ups will catch any small problems and help your car last longer.
How To Keep A Clen Engine Elk Grove Village
The engine is the most important part on your car. The engine is what allows your car to move and go from place to place. The better you take care of your engine, the better your vehicle will run. Your engine should be cleaned a few times a year, if not more, if you live in harsh conditions. One great way to keep your engine clean is by removing all the grease from the engine. Removing the grease and grime will allow your car to stay cooler and help prevent it from overheating. If you have never cleaned your engine, you should ask our professionals at Auto Advantage for help! We can show you how to do it yourself and answer any questions you have. If you forget to cover certain electronic parts while cleaning the engine, you might risk damaging other parts in your car. Here are a few tips on cleaning an engine:
- Brush or wipe away any residue and let the engine greaser soak for at least 10 minutes.
- Before starting, make sure the engine is off and cool
- Purchase engine greaser and spray it on the engine.
- Run your engine for about 15 min after you finish cleaning it.
- Cover all parts when washing your engine
Transmission Repair Elk Grove Village
If your car in Elk Grove Village is giving you transmission trouble, it’s important to get it looked at immediately, if you wait to long and have to replace your transmission, it can cost over $2000. Transmission repair in Elk Grove Village is a lot less expensive than having the entire transmission replaced. Catching issues while they are small can save you a lot of time and money. Here is a list of signs that your transmission needs repair:
- Transmission slipping – If your car starts to slip into another gear without you shifting it then you should get your car checked out right away. When this happens, your engine might make a high-pitched sound.
- Difficult to shift – If your car is difficult to shift gears, this is another sign that there is a problem with your transmission.
- Delays – If your engine has a delayed start when you are trying to move it
- Fluid leak – transmissions are not supposed to leak. If you notice red or dark brown spots on your driveway, bring it in to get checked out.
- Transmission light is on – this light doesn’t always mean your engine is going out. However, if your light is on and you have lots of issues with your vehicle already, you should get it checked out.
Maintaining Your Transmission
The cost of transmission repair or replacement can be very costly in Elk Grove Village, Illinois. However, maintaining your transmission will keep it lasting long. Prevent your transmission from breaking down by following these preventative steps:
- Check transmission fluid – checking your transmission fluid is as easy as checking your oil. Pull out the transmission dipstick, wipe it off, re-insert it and check it. Low transmission fluid can indicate a leak and needs to be checked right away.
- Use proper fluid – if you are changing your transmission fluid yourself, make sure you are using the correct fluid. If you are unsure, ask your local auto repair shop!
- Keep the engine cool – prevent your vehicle from overheating by keeping the engine cool.
- Transmission flushing – Take your vehicle into Auto Advantage to get the transmission fluid flushed. If you get your transmission fluid flushed regularly then your vehicle is less likely to overheat.
- Don’t change gears while driving – changing your gears while you are driving is bad for your car. If your change gears while driving, your transmission has a high risk of breaking down or failing.
- Don’t drive on your spare tire – driving with a spare tire can cause issues with your transmission over time because spare tires are usually not the same size as your regular tires.
- Change the filter – older car models have a transmission filter. If you know that your vehicle has a transmission filter, you should have it changed every once in awhile.
- Get annual inspections – get annual transmission inspections to ensure your car is running smoothly. Annual inspections will catch any problems early on and help prevent bigger problems from occurring